Daily Nutritional GuidelinesHere are the guidelines we recommend following to yield the best results!
Transitioning to Healthy
As you move through the 13 STEP program, you will do your best to try and immediately implement as many of these recommendations as possible, every day. Making sure you achieve your major STEP GOAL you are currently on, such as drinking your lemon water daily, is first priority. But try and also add these recommendations to help speed the detox and nutritional fill-up process along the way!
Drink at least 8 oz. of water/lemon water daily prior to anything else
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Start with less and add more as your taste buds allow
- Add decaffeinated herbal tea with honey/lemon/ginger at night to help with detox process
- Try different teas to find one you enjoy!
- Try adding all three probiotics; but one is better than none!
Eat fresh fruit or frozen fruit in a shake for breakfast
- Look at Breakfast Recipe photos for different ways to enjoy your fruit!
- If consuming animal protein for breakfast as well; ALWAYS consume fruit FIRST!
Eat at least 1/2 of raw avocado daily
- Look at Lunch Recipe photos for different ways to enjoy your avocado!
Transition any dairy out of your diet within the first week
- Try different non-dairy milks to find one you like.
- This process may be a transition; whole > 2% > skim > flavored almond > unsweetened
Add raw greens to at least one meal daily
Limit animal protein to 6 oz. or less at a sitting
Breads and Pastas
- Switch to sprouted grain breads
- Switch to sprouted grain OR bean pastas
Sugars and Sweeteners
- Any added sugar/artificial sweetener added to coffee or other beverages; cut in half during week one, half again week two, and completely out of diet week 3